Social Icons

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Back on the Water

About a 18 months ago my roof rack was unceremoniously stripped from my vehicle by thieves. It was locked but they managed to circumvent the locking mechanism. They didn't get everything but enough to prevent me from being able to transport either boat or bike. What they didn't take they damaged and the rack was pretty much a total loss. Thankfully I never leave the accessories on the rack so I still had those.

I could have bought a new rack but my car was older and I couldn't justify buying a new rack for a vehicle that was nearing the end. It put a big cramp kayaking any place new and as a result I was confined to the lake where I stored my kayak.Having grown up on that lake there isn't much left to explore or discover and so I focused more on other activities.

Recently I purchased a new vehicle. this time I got a SUV and it had the roof rails. Ready to get back on the kick of exploring I purchased a new rack. This coming weekend I will be loading up the gear for its first trip in a long while and hopefully the first of many trips to new places to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment